Download installation file and user manual of finaquant® protos, the calculation engine based on table functions1. This free (zero-priced) .NET library can only be used for non-commercial purposes like education and training. See installation and getting started. Please send your questions and comments to product forum.
|related downloads||related article||download by||price|
|MS Visual Studio file FinaquantProtosStarter 1.04||Getting started||members-only||free|
|Finaquant Protos 1.04 in a Nutshell||everyone||free|
|MS Visual Studio File ProtosExcelIntegration 1.04||Calling table functions…||everyone||free|
|Allocations and Distributions with finaquant® protos||Allocations and …||members-only||free|
A calculation engine based on table functions:
- Analytical table valued functions with in-memory tables as input and output parameters (like standard formulas in excel)
- A framework for user-defined table functions (like user-defined formulas in excel)
- Table calculations can be formulated with general-purpose table functions without any sql-based database programming (similar to matrix calculations with matlab or R)
- Ability to calculate and store all the table valued parameters of multiple calculation instances in a relational database like MS SQL or MySQL
All table operations and calculations with in-memory data, just like matrices!
finaquant® protos can be used for applications like:
- Table calculations and table mathematics with .NET
- Forecasts and estimations based on historical data
- Function trees with tables as input and output parameters
- Cause-effect relationships and networks with table data
Functions included in the .NET library:
- Basic matrix and vector operations; see user manual
- Defining fields and hierarchies centrally in MetaData (data universe)
- Creating tables manually
- Creating test tables by combinations
- Importing/Exporting tables to/from Excel and XML files
- Table element, row and column operations
- Table arithmetics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Table aggregation functions
- Combining (joining) tables
- Table transformation functions (incl. row-by-row processing with user-defined formula)
- Filtering and sorting tables
- Filtering and sampling tables by dates
- Subtable transformers2 and function routers3
- NEW: Persistent Table Arrays for storing and reading multiple instances of in-memory tables to/from a relational database like MS SQL or MySQL
What is new with finaquant® protos:
- Table functions and table mathematics. Some table functions like Allocations & Distributions and FOX formulas are embedded in expensive business software like SAP that are used for accounting, financial planning and reporting. These are but only a subset of the table functions that are available in finaquant® protos.
See why finaquant® protos?
We offer integration related code as open-source project with GNU General Public License (GPL) at CodePlex:
Subscribe to release updates for finaquant® protos
Because finaquant® protos is a growing prototype, new releases can be published as often as monthly.
You can subscribe to release updates to stay informed about new features. Note that you can always unsubscribe. Follow @finaquant
Promoter Campaign: Earn $5 for each contributor you bring in!
Are you student or academic staff in an analytical field? You can help us inform your fellow colleagues about finaquant® protos and earn a referral fee of $3 for each contributing member you bring in. More information
- Matrix and vector functions come as a byproduct. See User Manual for the list of available table, matrix and vector functions. [↩]
- A subtable transformer applies the same table (or matrix) function on every subtable of an input table. [↩]
- A function router applies selected table (or matrix) functions on selected subtables of an input table. [↩]