finaquant® protos & finaquant® calcs
finaquant® protos is a freely available uncommercial .net library comprising table functions. finaquant® protos can only be used for non-commercial purposes like education and training. With this uncommercial product we target students and scientific communities.
The upcoming product finaquant® calcs is a commercial calculation engine (.net library) based on table functions. finaquant® calcs has all the table functions included in finaquant® protos and more1, plus additional calculation engine features like (a) dependency trees, managing and storing (b) multiple network parameters, and (c) multiple calculation instances.
|Dependency trees (calc. engine)|
|Business application functions|
|Network parameters (calc. engine)|
|Calculation instances (calc. engine)|
The future releases of our uncommercial product finaquant® protos will also contain some basic calculation engine features like dependency trees. Thus, finaquant® protos is a calculation engine library in the narrow sense, finaquant® calcs is a calculation engine library in the broad sense (see our sense definitions at page calculation engine).
You can easily access these .NET libraries with the free software development tool Visual Studio Express for C# and begin to write your own procedures using the table functions available in the library.
You don’t need to be an experienced programmer to understand and use finaquant® protos or calcs together with Visual Studio Express. Our user manuals and video tutorials will show why and how. You have sufficient technical skills if you can write formulas in excel, or if you have some familiarity with matrix and vector calculations.
Most of the solution templates published at finaquant.com for business applications like financial planning or commission calculations will require finaquant® calcs as the .NET library.
As a meta-data intelligence product (C#/.NET library) finaquant® reps can be used for the automated derivation of tables and reports. In order to obtain a desired table it makes use of meta data like related attributes and key figures as well as all available table functions. finaquant® reps can also tell you what information is missing for a desired table.
This product (C#/.NET library) is a library of simulation, analysis and optimization functions. We also plan to offer matlab and R integration so that you can use the available optimization functions in these applications on the table calculations you have configured with finaquant products.
Who might need finaquant products?
- Do you need a calculation engine that can accommodate high level table functions for applications like data analysis, forecasts and estimations, data preparation for reporting, function trees for cause-effect relationships, fee & commission calculations?
- Are you looking for fully configurable self-service solutions with minimum reliance on external support?
- Are you looking for powerful but affordable solutions?
- Are you a student, educator or scientist? Are you responsible for a small to middle sized company?
- Are you an independent asset manager who need to calculate fees and commissions for fund management or distribution?
- Do you need a fully configurable solution for financial planning and scenario analysis in order to support management decisions?
You don’t need to invest in expensive software products and projects. See below why and how.
Video: Finaquant product roadmap
Product news and timeline (updated on 15. November 2012)
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletters
You can subscribe to our quarterly newsletters to stay informed about topics like calculation engines, table functions, our upcoming products and special price campaigns. Note that you can always unsubscribe.
For further information about upcoming products please visit:
- Finaquant news September 2012: finaquant® protos
- Finaquant product roadmap, August 2012 (video)
- Finaquant news August 2012: Product roadmap
- … in order to cover some business-specific requirements [↩]